9th May 2019
The Unit is looking for a Project Manager to join our busy Brighton studio in the heart of the North Laine. You’ll be collaborating on a variety of digital projects with a multidisciplinary team of Senior UI and UX Designers, Developers, and PMs who you’ll love working with.
We are currently open to applications at varied levels from Mid to Senior. At The Unit, team fit, ambition and a positive attitude are as important as skill set and experience. You may be a Mid-weight looking for the next step in your career, so we will support you and help you grow as a PM. Or you may be a Senior PM looking for a new challenge, in which case we’d love to know how you can contribute to shaping things here at The Unit.
Whatever your level of experience you’ll be responsible for the successful management and delivery of small to large scale digital projects. The role also extends beyond day-to-day project activities; and as a Project Manager at The Unit you are expected to have or want to expand your levels of commercial awareness. You’ll be contributing to business development and company growth by actively identifying client’s needs and requirements.
The role is also client facing with an important element of account management. So you’ll be personable and friendly with the ability to build strong and collaborative relationships with clients, who we see as partners and not just customers.
If this sounds like you, we need your talent! So please get in touch if you want to join our dynamic and creative team.
Key role responsibilities:
Your responsibilities will be reflected by your experience, you might not tick all the boxes but you’ll either be working towards, or can actively demonstrate capabilities in the following areas.
- To ensure the successful and smooth initiation, management and delivery of projects, through strong leadership and project management best practice
- To contribute to and run engaging client meetings including project kick-off sessions, workshops, show and tells, sprint reviews, daily standups, sprint planning and retrospective sessions
- To ensure high quality output on projects that are on time and on budget
- To contribute to and coordinate proposals for new business, and participate in project pitches
- To produce Statements of Work and other project documentation to a consistently high standard
- To oversee multidisciplinary project teams, structuring project approaches for efficiency
- To manage budget, risk and resources; reporting on multiple projects and working closely with senior management
- To ensure all projects comply with legal requirements, client policies and procedures
- To proactively inform business development of any new commercial opportunities that arise from existing clients and prospects
- To actively build and maintain strong, long-term relationships with clients.
- Excellent project management knowledge, including a thorough understanding of project management methodologies
- The ability to adapt your approach to fit each client or project requirement
- Exceptional client management skills
- The ability to motivate a team to deliver high-quality work, and help create a culture of creativity and innovation within the team and with our clients
- A sharp eye for detail and the ability to plan and execute clear project strategies in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working with digital disciplines (UX, UI, and Development)
- Confidence in decision-making, and an ability to explain your rationale to senior management and clients
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
- Ability to meet client and project deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills, sharing knowledge and expertise with the team.
Nice to have
- Previous experience working for a digital agency
- Strategic awareness and the ability to streamline processes
- Experience of working with Agile project management principles
- Demonstrable experience as an account manager
You’ll be a brilliant all round communicator with a dedicated, proactive approach. You’ll value your personal development, so we’ll provide you with an annual training budget to spend on what really interests you and helps you to flourish.
A creative thinker with a strong work ethic, you’ll share our positive attitude and enthusiasm for learning.
There are no lone wolves in our pack; we’re looking for a team player who can build rapport quickly internally and with clients. We are a friendly bunch so you’ll be working collaboratively with talented, creative colleagues and you’ll get to know everyone really quickly.
27k - 50k - Depending on experience
If you come to work at The Unit you will enjoy
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Modern offices in the heart of Brighton’s North Laine
- A personal development budget to invest in your career
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Friendly, sociable team
- Friday beers and regular socials
- Bike to work scheme
Please send a current CV and covering letter to [email protected]