Mid-Weight UX Designer
24th May 2019
For over a decade The Unit has helped everyone from startups to global brands design and build digital products that are simple, beautiful and easy to use.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated Mid-weight UX Designer to join our central Brighton studio in the heart of the North Laine. You’ll be collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of Senior UI/UX Designers, PMs and Developers. In turn you’ll be mentored and supported by our talented team who will help you develop your skills and hone your talents.
You’ll hit the ground running from day one using design and research methods across multiple projects to help users achieve their goals and clients to meet their strategic business objectives. You’ll be working on exciting digital projects with high-profile brands.
At The Unit, team fit, ambition and a positive attitude are as important as skill set and experience so you’ll be personable and friendly with the ability to build strong and collaborative relationships. Both internally with your peers and externally with clients, who we see as partners, not just customers.
We know that you may not tick all the boxes below. But we would like you to actively demonstrate or be working towards the following:
- At least 3+ years’ hands on experience working with both lean and high fidelity UX methodologies
- A strong understanding of good user interaction design
- User research skills, including planning and facilitating interviews and card sorting exercises, with experience using different UX research and analysis tools
- Good mapping skills and outputs for customer journeys and the ability to create archetypal user personas
- Low to high fidelity architecture including sitemaps, wireframes, and prototyping
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative analytics to gather feedback, uncover user needs and generate design concepts that connect with customers
- The ability to plan, facilitate, and contribute to design workshops with clients, as well as and writing up findings
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills and the confidence to articulate your ideas to internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to collaborate at a whiteboard or on paper with other creatives
- Strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction
- Good knowledge of design and prototyping programmes including Sketch, InVision, Zeplin and Adobe Suite
You’ll have a hands-on, creative approach and value your personal development, so we’ll provide you with an annual training budget to spend on what really interests you and helps you to flourish.
You’ll have a strong work ethic and a proactive approach to everything you do with a genuine enthusiasm for your discipline. There are no lone wolves in our pack so you’ll be a team player who can build rapport quickly.
- Salary 30-50k depending on experience
- Modern offices in the heart of Brighton
- Generous personal development budget to invest in your career
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Friendly, sociable team
- Friday beers and regular socials
Please send a current CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Please apply with a cover letter that tells us a bit about yourself, what you’re up to, why you applied for the role and what you feel you can bring to the Unit. Please also provide an up to date CV and portfolio that shows range of digital product design solutions.