Mid-Weight UX Designer
6th Dec 2018
2019 is going to be an exciting time for us. For over a decade we’ve helped everyone from startups to the world's biggest companies design and build digital products that are simple, beautiful and easy to use. To do this we need your talent, so we are expanding our dynamic and creative team.
We’re looking for an experienced Mid-Weight UX Designer with a hands-on, creative approach and an enthusiasm to work end-to-end on a range of diverse projects. Based in our Brighton studio, you’ll be collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of Senior UI/UX Designers, PMs and Developers who you’ll love working with.
You’ll hit the ground running and work closely with clients from day one, designing digital products for global brands. You’ll work across multiple projects to meet clients’ strategic business objectives and will have the confidence to articulate your ideas to internal and external stakeholders.
On a typical day in our studio you’ll be using design and research methods to help users achieve their goals and clients to hit their strategic business objectives. Your skillset will cover the following:
- At least 3+ years’ agency experience
- User research skills, including planning and facilitating interviews and card sorting exercises, with experience using different UX research and analysis tools
- The ability to employ qualitative and quantitative methods to gather feedback, uncover user needs and generate design concepts that connect with customers
- Good mapping skills and outputs for customer journeys and blueprints to demonstrate across product experiences, and the ability to create archetypal user personas
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills, with the confidence to actively contribute to design workshops with clients, as well as helping the senior team to plan, facilitate and write up workshops
- Strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction
- Experience in Agile and Lean methodologies
- Good knowledge of design and prototyping programmes including Sketch, InVision, Zeplin and Adobe Suite
You’ll be able to demonstrate:
- A portfolio that shows range of digital product design solutions and a strong understanding of good user interaction design
- Architecture: low to high fidelity including sitemaps, wireframes, prototyping
- Evidence that you have captured and worked with business requirements and objectives, product KPIs and performance metrics
- Competitor analysis execution and playback documentation
You’ll value your personal development, so we’ll provide you with an annual training budget to spend on what really interests you and helps you to flourish.
A creative thinker with a strong work ethic, you’ll share our positive attitude and enthusiasm for learning. You’ll take part in regular Innovation Days and knowledge sharing sessions, so we really get to know what you're passionate about.
There are no lone wolves in our pack. We’re looking for a team player who can build rapport quickly. You’ll be working collaboratively with talented, creative colleagues and interesting clients who we see as partners, not just customers.
We’re a friendly bunch - whether it's beer o'clock on a Friday, regular socials, getting involved with our exciting digital events or joining us for our legendary summer jollies, you’ll get to know everyone really quickly.
Key areaUX Design
- Modern studio in the heart of Brighton’s north lanes
- Competitive salary
- Generous personal development budget to invest in your career
- Flexible working
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly knowledge-shares and skills swap
- Friendly, sociable team
- Friday beers and regular socials
- Bike to work scheme
Interested? Please send your CV, covering letter and a link to your portfolio to [email protected]