Mid-Weight/Senior UI Designer
25th Jan 2019
New Year, new job? 2019 is an exciting time for us and The Unit is hiring. For over a decade we’ve helped everyone from startups to the world's biggest companies design and build digital products that are simple, beautiful and easy to use. To do this we need your talent, so we're expanding our dynamic and creative team.
We’re looking for an experienced UI Designer with a genuine passion for digital design, brand and technology to work end-to-end on a range of diverse projects. You might be a Senior UI Designer or an experienced Mid-Weight looking to make the leap to a more senior role.
Based in our new Brighton studio in the North Laine, you’ll be collaborating with our multidisciplinary team of UI/UX Designers, PMs and Developers who you’ll love working with. We need someone with a hands-on approach and the ability to visualise a project's essence, taking it from initial idea to a brilliantly crafted execution.
You’ll hit the ground running and work closely with clients from day one, designing digital products for global brands. Working across multiple projects to meet clients’ strategic business objectives, you’ll have the confidence to articulate your ideas to internal and external stakeholders.
We’d love you to have:
- At least 2 years’ agency experience, with a portfolio that showcases your branding and visual design across responsive, interactive experiences in various digital platforms
- A good understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation
- A solid understanding of User Experience design, wireframing, prototyping and user-centred design processes
- A good awareness of new digital trends and technology
- A good knowledge of Sketch, InVision and Adobe suite essentials
- The ability to collaborate at a whiteboard or on paper with other creatives
- The ability to work within existing brand guidelines, but also the capacity to think differently and be able to challenge existing design patterns, when required
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills, with the confidence to actively contribute to design workshops with clients
Bonus skills (great to have, but not essential):
- Other digital design/technical skills such as motion graphics, 3D video
- Design for accessibility knowledge
You’ll be passionate about design with a keen eye for detail and an interest in new technologies. You’ll value your personal development, so we’ll provide you with an annual training budget to spend on what really interests you and helps you to flourish.
A creative thinker with a strong work ethic, you’ll share our positive attitude and enthusiasm for learning. You’ll take part in regular Innovation Days and knowledge sharing sessions, so we really get to know what you're passionate about. You’ll also get the chance to take these ideas to the next level with leading-edge projects and new technology.
There are no lone wolves in our pack; we’re looking for a team player who can build rapport quickly. You’ll be working collaboratively with talented, creative colleagues and interesting clients who we see as partners, not just customers.
We’re a friendly bunch; whether it's beer o'clock on a Friday, regular socials, getting involved with our exciting digital events or joining us for our legendary summer jollies, you’ll get to know everyone really quickly.
If you think we can put your talents to work, please get in touch.
- Competitive salary
- Modern studio in the heart of Brighton’s North Laine
- Generous personal development budget to invest in your career
- Flexible working
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly knowledge-shares and skills swap
- Friendly, sociable team
- Friday beers and regular socials
- Bike to work scheme
Interested? Please send your CV, covering letter and a link to your portfolio to [email protected]